Sunday, May 11, 2014

05.10.2014 - Hollywood & Vine - Glen Rose, TX

Finally, no rain!

We love playing at Hollywood & Vine. Unfortunately, the last few times Sand Dollar Rodeo played there, we have fought with the weather. It's either been raining earlier, rain or a storm on its way, too cold, etc. We've always played the show, but the weather has tended to tame the crowd and cause them to leave or go inside as the weather took over. 

Last night was a different story. The weather was perfect for sitting outside and listening to music. It was so enjoyable to see people dancing and sticking around til the end. Really, the whole show was the highlight for me, simply because everyone was able to have the good time they would have been having with us all along if the weather had held up. I really had an enjoyable evening. 

This was Tony & Trey's first time to play at Hollywood & Vine. I always enjoy watching people and how they react to the place the first time. Because of the distance, Trey and I rode together. We show up and park. The parking area is small and has a bit of colorful debris around. I call it personality. There's also some old wood crates (possibly an old structure) back there. I parked next to it and Trey goes, "Is that the stage?" I smile... "Nope... the stage is... up there!"

Loading in to their stage is a trick. I can safely say that each of us who have played there in the past have fallen down, at least once, while loading gear out at night. After the show, it's fairly dark, very steep and just a dirt hill you back up to. If you're wearing boots, you will slide. I promise. I don't know if Tony or Trey managed to fall, but it wouldn't surprise me. Initiation. 

As I said, the weather was good, we were in a good mood and I think it came across in our performance. We were having fun and I'm pretty sure that energy poured back onto the crowd. They returned it, we fed it back, like a lovely vicious circle. Oh, and Heath bought a new Vox amp. Sounded really nice. I'm sure he'll be telling you all about it this coming Thursday on his blog over at http://heathfrazier.blogspot.com/ .

As usual, I forgot to take pictures. However, if you scroll back through older blogs of mine, from when we've played here before, you can see what it looks like. Nothing has changed - and that's a good thing. Love that patio! 

A note on the picture taking; I am going to make a big effort to start snapping some fun stuff for you guys. We see all sorts of weird and wonderful things when we do these shows. So, I set us up an Instagram account and Heath and I will both have the app on our phones for when the mood takes us. If you'd like to follow us over there, the link is  http://instagram.com/sanddollarrodeo  - nothing to see there just yet, but as the shows and recording sessions continue, we'll get it good and active for you. 

That was our night. As always, I have to put a plug in for Hollywood & Vine. Really nice folks run the place and work there, great food, really nice and relaxing environment. If you're in the Glen Rose area, check them out! Heck, if you really want to make a fun night of it... we'll be back at H&V on June 14th - see you there? 

Next show... we're going to be rockin' the parrot heads at Rockin' Parrodise in Lewisville, Texas. Should be a fun night. There is no admission and the bar will having Rum Jumbie specials - you have been warned! 

That's it for this one... talk to guys soon!

Stay gold,
RH



No comments:

Post a Comment