Saturday, October 12, 2013

10.11.2013 - Reno Red's - Roanoke, TX

Hmm... well, sometimes you just have one of those nights. Last night was one of them...

I won't go into a lot of detail, but there were some delays in getting things up and running, so we wound up not having a sound check and starting a few minutes late. First song, sound was off and, as I was tweaking it, my strap lock (the thing that locks my guitar strap in place) broke. My guitar fell straight to the floor and busted the E string (which I use a lot). I'm lucky it only broke a string, a drop like that should have broken the neck. Anyway, that threw things off. Then, since we didn't sound check, we had a horrible time syncing the click track. I've had better nights, for sure!

In the end, it wasn't terrible. But, I didn't feel good about the performance. Kind of a shame since I like the place so much. This was a restaurant in my home town. Not really the kind of place that would normally host a band like us, but they were up for trying and I really wanted it to go better than it did. On a side note, the staff were great. Very nice group of people - if you're ever passing through Roanoke, be sure to check them out! We also met some nice folks that stuck it out til the end of night with us (thank you).

At the end of the night, the manager asked us back. I was happy (and surprised) about that. But, lots of work to be done our end to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Tonight, we brush off the dirt and move forward ...

A picture I stole from Brian's wife, Carrie's, Facebook page - Neat little stage!



No comments:

Post a Comment