Monday, May 6, 2013

05.03.2013 - Wild Rooster - Fort Worth, TX

Well, I came home from this show tired, all in a good mood, got a beer, had some frozen pizza, got ready to write the blog... fell alseep. Sorry for the delay, folks. Catch up time!

First time playing at the Wild Rooster, so really didn't know what to expect. We had heard they had a decent sound system and that was enough to make us happy. We've had some really crappy ones in the past. Anytime there's rumor of "good sound" it makes a good impact on the pre-show mood. The bar itself reminded me of a younger, almost yuppie-ish, version of Hank's in McKinney. But, then again, it didn't. I don't know. I could see a metal band in there more than a country band. Just that kind of vibe. Staff was nice and friendly, though. No complaints. Cheap beer, too! 

We were also opening for a band by the name of Whiskey Confessions. I had heard a couple of their songs online and really didn't know what to expect in the full show. That unknown element is always fun as well. 

The show itself went fine. Really, nothing special about it. We played, the crowd seemed to enjoy it, we didn't run anyone off. What more can you ask when you're the opening band, right? Actually, I felt better after Whiskey Confessions came on. While they played a few originals, I didn't realize they were going to be doing mostly covers. That fact, right there, changed my opinion of how the night went. The fact we made it through our set without anyone making a request or bitching about the originals... or leaving, makes me feel just fine. The Whiskey Confessions guys were friendly, wouldn't be surprised if we paired up again on their side of the state in the future. 

As I said, no real highlights for the show itself. As I can recall, Fried Okra went over best with that crowd. I would like to play for the same crowd again, after they're more familiar with our music. They were a fun enough crowd. They just didn't know our songs. Oh... wait, there was a couple in the crowd that seemed to know some of the words... yeah, Heath's parents came out to the show. It was nice meeting them and I think they had a good time! 

So, that's it for Wild Rooster. Next morning... fest mode! 

RH



No comments:

Post a Comment