Saturday, May 25, 2013

05.04.2013 - Mayfest - Fort Worth, TX

Ok, I know, I know... I'm very late in posting this one! I came home the night of this show, had about half of a beer and fell right asleep on the couch. After that, it's been on the "to do" list since then. Sorry. 

Part of the problem in my getting motivated to make this post is the lack of things to say. It was a good show, I love fests. The sound was good, weather was nice, etc. Although, that started a several week battle with chapped lips - like really bad chapped lips. It was bright and sunny, plus very windy. I would up with sun and wind burned lips. The weeks following have been a challenge as I try to sing - they crack, bleed, etc. Finally, as of yesterday, I am pretty much healed. Thanks to lots of aloe, E and this stuff I found at another fest, Grapevine's Main Street Days a week later, called Udder Balm. Wow, talk about some soothing stuff. Anyway, lips are ok now and I will make a point to have SPF on my lips in any future outdoor shows. 

The other highlight, for me, was the shuttle service. Mayfest has a lot of people there, cars did not have access to the stage we were playing. So, they shuttled the bands and their gear in to the stage area. Oh, and only one vehicle in the pre-loading area. That part was funny - we loaded everything we had into Heath's SUV. Heath drove, I was in the passenger seat, Cisco on my lap. It had to be hilarious to look at - I know the checkpoint police were laughing away. 

Anyway, we make it to the loading area, unpack Heath's car and then wait on the shuttle. The "shuttle" arrives. Not what I pictured - it was those little golf cart thingies, some with trailers on back. Ok, fine, it works. We load up and then notice the beers in the drivers cup holders. Yeah, they were volunteers and, clearly, drinking was allowed. That was a fun little ride, that's probably all I need to say, right? I can't believe that nothing bounced out along the way. Seriously, it was a fun ride, though. 

In the end, all worked out, shuttle in, shuttle out, check waiting for us at the end of the shuttle ride. Can't beat that. Hopefully, we will play this one again next year. It was a nice time!

RH

Shuttle load out... 


No comments:

Post a Comment