Saturday, March 16, 2013

03.15.2013 - Tammy's Hideaway - Burleson, TX

Well, hello Burleson - Home of Kelly Clarkson! I don't know if they have any other claims to fame, but on a tourism promotion note, if you like Kelly's personality, visit Burleson. Every single person I met last night had that same bubbly, good ol' friendly, slightly off, personality... especially, Tammy. What a great lady! I have played at a lot of places over the years and I have to say that Tammy was one of the nicest and professional bar owners I've met. 

Now about the show itself... I'll be honest. When we received the booking from our agent, we were like, "how the Hell did she find this place?" It really is a hideaway, not much of a web presence, etc. I'm very glad to say we were wrong - as I mentioned above, it was a great place. Unfortunately, it was Spring Break and I guess no one wants to go to Burleson to party on Spring Break. That and the local honky tonk down the street apparently had something big going on. Slow night at Tammy's. But, the small crowd that were there were really fun folks. We had dancing from the first song and that always put us in a good mood. 

There's really not a lot of highlights to mention on this one, pretty much a routine gig - no technical issues this time (thank God). Oh, I guess there was something... this was the debut of Heath's new amp and his new guitar (sorry Heath, I can't remember the make/model of either). His new gear sounds nice, very smooth. Good choice there, HFF. 

Due to the size of the crowd, it was fairly laid back on the stop/start times and we have several good conversations with Tammy. Luau? Yeah, I think we'd like to go back and play Tammy's luau, for sure... maybe mud wrestling night as well... to quote Tammy, "I'm out there." They do all kinds of fun stuff there. Although, I hear that, unfortunately, they will never do spaghetti and meatball sauce wrestling again due the the cleanup LOL. 

Ok, kids. It's a busy weekend in SDR land... gotta go get ready to head south and west to Granbury for another show tonight. High hopes I won't be as tired tonight as last night and can update you guys after the show as usual. 

In the end: Visit Burleson. Visit Tammy's Hideaway. Go Kelly Clarkson! 

Stay gold,
Roy

Tammy's Hideaway...

No comments:

Post a Comment