Monday, December 17, 2012

12.15.2012 - Rodeo Radio / Private Party - McKinney, TX

Well, sometimes it's just good to let your hair down and have fun... and we did. This was (what should be) our last show as a two-piece on stage, unless Heath and I get some crazy idea to do an acoustic show or something.

This performance was at some friends you all might remember from the Okra Fest post, Brian & Kristi Cheatham's house in McKinney, Texas. We originally had planned on doing a Rodeo Radio broadcast on this date, then the idea for the party happened and we rolled with it.

It was good to see our friends from that side of the DFW metroplex. For those of you not familiar with the Dallas/Fort Worth area... McKinney is not in my nor Heath's neighborhood. Not even close! I believe Heath mentioned the drive from his part of town was 80 something miles. Yeah, there's a reason they call it the Big D. I forced myself to come in the night before and my friends twisted my arm into going to Hank's for the Roger Creager show. Fair to say I slept in the next morning... good fried okra at Hanks, though. Music wasn't bad either :)

Regardless of the drive, this night was good for us. We debuted some of the new material, had a great time, hopefully made a few new fans and we really look forward to playing in McKinney again next year... I do have a note from later that night, guys. "Cadillac Pizza." See, I told you I'd write it down!

Marathon shows begin in 2013... If you haven't already seen some of the dates that have been added, check www.SandDollarRodeo.com and maybe we'll see you there! I'll be talkin' to you often then, for sure. And, if I don't before then, I hope you all have a nice holiday and a Happy New Year.

Stay gold,
RH


1 comment:

  1. As cousin Eddie would say, "Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I sure enjoyed it."

    ReplyDelete