Sunday, August 31, 2014

08.30.2014 - Hollywood & Vine - Glen Rose, TX

I swear, this CRS disease is getting bad... I could have sworn I wrote after the acoustic gig at Lake Weatherford Marina. Today, I log in and realize that I didn't do it. I am over 40. Can I start blaming my age? Ok. Thanks... the Marina show was fun. Heath and I always get goofy on those acoustic shows. As I recall, the night ended with a guy coming up and playing a Led Zeppelin song. Heath sang, I played guitar. I don't know what the song was called. I just followed those two. We also did that "Dont tell me me no lies and keep your hands to yourself" song. The title is a blank for me right now. Again, I played guitar with him, he and Heath sang. Neither of the songs were really my cup of tea, but they were easy enough to play and it was fun. I think the Marina is pretty much done with Summer 2014, so hopefully we'll be out there again next Summer. Great environment. 

Speaking of Summer 2014, last night was our last show of the Summer at Hollywood & Vine. Soon, the weather will be too unpredictable for outdoor shows there (see my old posts about being rained out at H&V), so they are going to move things inside next month until Spring. Unfortunately, we just have too much stuff to fit on the indoor stage. So, unless it's acoustic, we probably won't be back until Spring.

Last night was a hot one. I think we were all soaked well before we started playing. Heat like that tends to suck the life out of you. It resulted in a serious lack of beer consumption on our part. Just too hot and humid. Can you believe I said that? It was. I chugged PowerAde Zero and had a Spark Energy to combat it. Of all nights, the crowd was generous and bought us a few rounds of beer, wanted to buy us more, but it was just too hot. One of us, probably me, would have gotten dehydrated and hit the floor had we drank like we were offered. Thank you, though. Always nice to have a mystery beer show up on stage. Very much appreciated!

Show, itself, went fine. I remembered to power up the PA this time (don't ask). Josh and Ken are coming along well. Things are starting to gel on stage again. Good response from the crowd and Heath got his first experience of people dancing while he sang a song. Neat feeling, Heath, huh? Oh yeah... Heath is singing a new original song of ours! We've been easing in new material last couple of shows. I think we played 3 from the forthcoming album last night. It was a good night.

Next show, we're at Grapefest in Grapevine, TX. These are the kind of shows we really like doing. Not an all-nighter, just a straight on concert with pretty much all original music. I hope to see you there - it will be a good one... and we're on the Bud Light stage. Wonder if we'll get the courtesy cooler? Uh oh... Check our schedule at www.sanddollarrodeo.com for details. As I understand it, there is no admission charge at the festival before 5pm that day, so come on out and see us for free! 

Until then... Stay gold.
RFH











No comments:

Post a Comment