Sunday, March 30, 2014

03.29.2014 - Cowtown Bowling Palace - Fort Worth, TX

Back to the Palace... Good crowd this time. You could feel the buzz of Spring in the air. People were just in an overall good mood (ourselves included). Sand Dollar Rodeo hasn't played at Cowtown since November, but played there quite a bit last year. So, it's a really relaxed show because we're so comfortable with the place and its staff. It's not every venue a band plays where the police officer working security buys your CD.

Speaking of merchandise, last night we debuted our first shirts! Nothing too fancy, but they're just like us - fun and cheap :) Sloppy logo on front, lyrics from "I'll just have a beer" on back. They were a pretty big hit and it was nice to move a little merchandise. The following picture is of the first person to buy our first shirt! 

Our first t-shirt sale!
Show wise, it was fine. A little rough on the vocals all around this time... since we haven't been playing as often as usual, my voice isn't as strong as it normally is and back to back gigs will often trash it if I sing something too loud. Of course, I did... and I struggled through the last part of the show. Nothing like the feeling of rubbing sandpaper on your throat. On top of that, Brian's voice is giving him grief as well. We're talking like he can't hardly speak. Brian sings the higher harmonies with me and was missed, for sure, this weekend. Everyone send some positive thoughts Brian's way for a quick recovery. Speaking of Brian, I got in trouble last night for not posting a picture of him on the last blog. So, here ya go... yes, he really was there!

Brian Barton live with Sand Dollar Rodeo at the Fort Worth Convention Center.

Aside from that, it was pretty much par for the course. I will note that Heath nailed the "WHat Kind of Life is This" solo like never before. He blames his new pedals. I blame his fingers. Either way, it sounded really good. Tony seemed to be having a good time and Trey got to mess around with his new keyboard. All sounded good. It's nice to see this latest configuration of the live band start to gel. Going to be a fun ride.

Ok, enough out of me for today.... and the Jackson Family movie is coming on, so you know I have to watch it. No shows next week as I will be in Tulsa, OK, for my sister's wedding. The following weekend, we'll be back to work... I'll be talking to you soon!

Stay gold,
RH




No comments:

Post a Comment