Saturday, April 27, 2013

04.26.2013 - Rangers Ballpark - Arlington, TX

Wow, what a fun night!

Sand Dollar Rodeo are about fests... we like them, we attend them, we embrace them. We call them George. George is our friend. Tonight was the Texas Food Truckin' Fest at the Texas Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. 

I can't tell you how cool it was to pull up to a humongous stadium and load our gear in. You set a rack down, look up and see these towering walls. Intimidating and exciting at the same time. I've done some high profile shows in my past, but this was just kind of weird because every time I'd look over, I saw the largeness of this place. It was a rush. 

And the rush continued... this was an original show, no covers (ok, we did one... thank you St. Somewhere, we played your song Postcard because we like the damned song). It was so nice to have a fun crowd enjoying what we do. There's a slight buzz going on about us right now... earlier in the day, we got a favorable review in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and DFW.com Magazine, we've been added to rotation on several radio stations this week. Kind of weird to have people finally almost starting to recognize us and what we're doing. It reminds me of 20+ years ago when I was playing with another up and coming band that winded up doing pretty well. It's a good feeling. 

Anyway, the sound guys were awesome. Brad, who ran our sound... I can't thank you enough. That may have been the best monitor mix I've had to date. Oh, and they were nice guys. We like nice guys. 

This was one of those shows where I can't point out a true highlight - it was fun seeing the little girls dancing, it was nice to hear the applause of our sending a big ole chug of beer and a tractor ride in the sky to George Jones as we dedicated Tailgate To The Beach to the Possum, it was cool to see see the laughter on peoples faces as we did Fried Okra. It was just a good night overall. 

Tomorrow night... we head back to Keller, TX and I expect a wacky night. It is our booking agent, Marti's, birthday. We plan on doing our "show" then getting a little stupid. If you're around Keller tomorrow night... come on out... could be a good one... I'll report back then. 

Until then... Stay gold, ponykids.
RH

Rangers Ballpark - Arlington, Texas



No comments:

Post a Comment